2019 Fall Term Recruitment Information
for International Students in Beijing City University
(Traditional Chinese Medicine in Master level)
1. Major and Program
Traditional Chinese Medicine in Master level.
For more information on this program, please visit: http://www.bcu.edu.cn/bjxy/info/1013/1075.htm
2. Program Mode and Registration Period
The program mode is full-time. The registration period of this program is 2 years.
3. The Application Requirements
(1) Applicants must be citizens of the countries along the Belt and Road (see attachment I ), other than Chinese nationality, aged between 18 and 45 years old (born on and after January 1, 1974)，with valid foreign passports. Good health, good conduct, compliance with Chinese government laws, regulations and school rules and regulations.
(2) To apply for a master's degree, you must have a bachelor's degree and the bachelor's degree should be recognized by the granting country.
(3) Applicants' academic performance, academic level and language proficiency must meet the entry requirements of the program.
4. Application Period and Submission
Deadline of Application: February 25, 2019.
Submission: Please access to BCU Application online system to complete the application. The link is:http://www.istuadmission.com/FStudent/index.html#/
5. Application Procedures
See the note for detailed application procedures in the attachment II.
6. Admission Requirements
(1) Academic background: related majors in medicine, pharmaceutical sciences biotechnology, food science, health, life sciences, etc
(2) Degree Certificate and Transcript:
A. Original degree certificate and graduation certificate or certified copies either in Chinese or English. (Students expecting to graduate should provide an official letter stating expected graduation date)
B. Official transcripts of your academic achievement up to the present, including courses taken and standard achieved, must be original documents or certified copies either in Chinese or English.
(3) Two recommendation letters from your referees.
The referees should be professors or persons with relevant academic title. At least one of them should have knowledge of your recent academic work. The recommendation letter must be original signed documents either in Chinese or English (see Attachment Ⅲ). Please visit here to download the format: http://www.bcu.edu.cn/system/_content/download.jsp?urltype=news.DownloadAttachUrl&owner=1415475783&wbfileid=2246262
(4) Photocopy of your valid ordinary passport
(5) One or two Academic publications (including table of contents and abstracts) or any other original achievements in your field (if applicable) (English or Chinese translation should be provided if the original documents are in other language.)
(6) Non-criminal Background Check in English or Chinese
(7) Physical Examination within past 6 months in English or Chinese
(8) Screenshot of the online psychological assessment ending page (showing the end of the assessment), please visit: https://www.wjx.cn/jq/31581154.aspx
(9) Photocopy of the application fee payment voucher in English or Chinese
7. Application Fee
(1) Application fee amount: 800 yuan
(2) Only accept telegraphic transfer
(3) Payment Currency: RMB or USD (other currency is not accepted )
(4) Please leave a note when making a payment: Name +TCM
(5) Detailed remittance account information can be found in the attachment Ⅳ:Attachment Overseas Remittance of Foreign Exchange.
8. Initial Round of Selection
Application materials will be reviewed by the International Students Office. Then, the International Students Office organizes a professional expert team to consider all the application materials on the academic background, research interests, academic performance, morality and development potential in the applied professional field. Applicants who have participated in the interview of the department will receive an interview notice, and the specific time will be determined by the department.
9. Online Interview
Before the online interview, students are required to submit Non-criminal Background Check and Physical Examination within past 6 months in English or Chinese through the application system.
The professional expert team will conduct a comprehensive assessment on the professional level and language ability of the candidates who participated in the online interview during the period from March to April 2019. The English criteria of the online interview is TOEFL (65 points or higher) OR IELTS (band 5.5 or higher) OR equivalent level.
Candidates who participate in the interview should report to the professional expert team, including introduction of personal scientific research experience, explanation of their understanding on the academic area, and achievements of their research.
According to the results of the interview, the professional expert team combines the results of the initial round of selection and online interview, comprehensively assesses the candidate's ability, selects outstanding examiners, and drafts the admission list to the graduate school.
(1). According to the result and the draft admission list made by the professional expert team, the graduate school will confirm the final admission list. The International Students Office will announce the final admission list on the website：http://www.bcu.edu.cn/bjxy/index.htm
(2). The International Student Office will post the admission notice, visa application form and other necessary documents from May to June, 2019.
Freshmen will be enrolled in the beginning of September 2019, and specific time will be subject to the admission notice. Admitted students must go to Beijing City University for admission and registration in strict accordance with the time specified in the admission notice.
12. Fees and Scholarships
(1) Tuition fee
Master's degree: 30,000 yuan / academic year;
1. Accommodation fees
3,500 yuan / year for a room with 3 students
According to the foreign language scores (English and Chinese), professional performance, personal achievements, interview results and other factors, our school will select 9 international students ranked from the first to the ninth to waive the tuition and accommodation fee; 6 international students who ranked from tenth to the fifteenth will be exempt from accommodation fee.
Students are required to complete all course work with qualified marks, a master’s thesis and a thesis defense within the registered time period. After meeting the above requirements and with the approval of University Degree Committee, the degree will be awarded.
14. If the country introduces a new postgraduate enrollment policy in 2019, our university will make corresponding adjustments and will make timely announcements.
To make application, please press the button below.